Home About Favorite Posts Search Photobucket

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Incredible Inspiration for your summer coastal decor....

I first gazed upon this amazing coastal summer mantle from Finding Home about a month ago.  It literally took my breath away.  That's how much I love this creative masterpiece of mantle decor.  As soon as I discovered it, I've been trying to figure out how to duplicate this look in my house...even though I don't have a fireplace and therefore, much of a mantle.  

I still haven't figured out how to re-create this look...but have continuously re-visited this post - just for inspiration.  It really makes me so happy to study the closeup details....the mason jars, the branch and bottle, the starfish and urchins...I could go on and on.  

I was so inspired that I asked Laura, the author of Finding Home and the person behind this magnificent mantle if I could share it on my blog.  So onto the photographs....  



I hope you've been as inspired as I am.  Please go over 
and visit Finding Home to learn more 
about this amazing piece. 
Have a great week!


22 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

I was inspired. I just made one of these and I am posting it later today. It is really fun and summery.
Sherry

Jane said...

Yep...inspiring! I'm charging up my dremel...

Della said...

Very inspiring, even though I haven't a mantle or fireplace either. I'm lovin' that driftwood/barnwood, too. It really adds that coastal charm. I totally love this Debbie! Now I'm going to check out the creators blog! Thanks!

Ocean Soul said...

Are you kidding me?!!! That is a drool worthy mantle!!!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I don't have a single shell or starfish...but if I did I would want it all to look like this. Of course I love the blue mason jars...thanks for the inspiration. I noticed the lamp shade in the last picture. Love that too. Have a great week!

Finding Home said...

Thanks so much for the very flattering feature, it is so very appreciated! Have a great week and take care, laura

Jenny said...

I love it!

Blooming Rose Musings said...

How wonderful and inspiring. I can see why you love it so much! It's a wonderful cross of country and coastal. This would be fabulous with your vast collection of shells. Beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing this great piece.

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I LOVE that garland!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

So simple and so beautiful!!

Reena said...

Simply simple ... love it!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Wow, it is a fun and whimsical coastal mantle! I love it how creative of Laura. I will visit Finding Home..
A wonderful post!
Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

J - Pacha Mama said...

Dang. We don't have a lot of fireplace mantels in Florida...but if we did, I'd want one very much like this one :)

MissBliss said...

love the blue glass and starfish together :)

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Great texture and color.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Great texture and color.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh--that is beautiful!!! And wow, I have been selling those antique turquoise jars in my shop! We must think alike!!
XO
Cindy

Seashells and Southern Belles said...

wow...that is beautiful! Love those sea urchins!

Debbie said...

Oh...my...gosh....What an awesome piece, Debbie!!!
I have an old weathered gate that would be perfect for a garland like this!!!!
Thank you for sharing this!!!!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Debbie said...

I just finished putting this together on the old weathered gate I have...it looks great as a fireplace screen. Instead of mason jar lids, I used small vintage bottles. I LOVE it!!!
Thank you Debbie.
Big hugs,
Debbie

Arabella said...

It is adorable and beachy chic - wowzers!

Debra Mennins said...

I'm still in the process of getting a service for chimney repairs since my own fireplace really needs some restoration work. Once I get it sparkly and showcase worthy, I'll try the decoration tips you wrote.