Home About Favorite Posts Search Photobucket

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A French inspired note....

I just arrived home from a quick trip...and am taking a few days to get caught up before I head out to NYC.  Thank goodness I was not there today, I hear from all my friends that it was snowing, sleeting, freezing and otherwise miserable outside.

So when I got home, I had a nice surprise waiting for me...my order of note cards created by Donna from My Shabby Chateau.  Donna had sent some of her handmade note cards along with a recent order I placed from her Etsy Shop and I fell in love with them.  They are the most beautiful cards that I have ever seen...these photos just do not do them justice.  So I ordered four sets...to give away as gifts over the next few months.

So - starting off with the beautiful packaging....



To a gorgeous, vintage music inspired paper rose....


To the beautiful cards...that were individually wrapped in a sealed package ready to present as a gift...




Of course...I'm keeping a set for myself as Donna was kind enough to include an extra set for me.....here is a sample of a few of the cards from my set....







Aren't these gorgeous?  The little details are amazing proving to me, once again ..why would I ever buy a factory made card when handmade are so beautiful.  They are almost too nice to use.  But use them...I shall!  Hope you are having a great week.  




16 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Isn't Donna just an awesome lady...and an awesome artist? I'm sure she doesn't think of herself as an artist~ but she is! I love those cards!

Have a safe trip to NYC....I hope you don't get caught up in that storm. It is wicked here and going to be worse before it gets better! I am soooo anxious for Spring! Hugs-Diana

Debbiedoos said...

Have a great week. Those are adorable...enjoy!!~

Donna said...

Awwww, you made my day! I am so glad that you love the cards, I had so much fun creating them! Sure hope that NYC weather isn't as crazy as ours here! We are in the middle of what is being called an "historic blizzard"! Yikes!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Those would be a great gift and fun Valentine's Day cards.
Mary Ann

Deb said...

Wow! Those are gorgeous. I love home-made cards. They are so personal.

Kaybe said...

I agree. Why use store-bought cards when there are so many talented artists like Donna available on Etsy. Here style is so unique.

Take good care,

Karen

Blooming Rose Musings said...

The cards are gorgeous. Donna really is so creative...and a very lovely person. Just think how special the person you send a note to will feel when receiving one of those beautiful cards!
Have a good trip to NY. I understand tomorrow will be the rough day in NYC and then the storm will move up to New England. Hope it's all gone by the time you get there.
Take care.

Gypsea Nurse said...

They are beautiful.. I am going to have to take a peek... Yes, be glad you are not here yet..icy rain... YUCK!.. and I will be heading south next week! Yipeee!! Hopefully it will be warmer than it was New Years week!
Safe Travels!
Smiles~
Cricket

theLENNOXX said...

oh wow those cards are so beautiful! I see what you mean by "almost to pretty to use"!

xo Linda

michelle said...

Those are so beautiful and the packaging is so pretty! What a wonderful gift. :) Have fun NYC and stay safe!

Drawn to The Sea said...

What is it about babies in the bathtub that makes me giggle? Those are adorable :-)

Safe journey.

rjerdee said...

so rich in design!!! enjoy them, you shall!

Della said...

Beautiful cards and packaging! I love Etsy!

Heaven's Walk said...

An artist, she is! Those cards are beautiful! I'd be tempted to frame them or something, Debbie! lol! Have a safe trip, girlie!

xoxo laurie

Cindy Adkins said...

Awww, these are so beautiful--and even more precious because Donna made them!!!
XO

pam @ iLoveShelling said...

Oh my gosh! Her packaging is to die for! You can tell she loves what she does by putting so many extra little touches and eye for detail. Just beautiful.