Home About Favorite Posts Search Photobucket

Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Keys House Makeover

Hello Everyone.  First, I feel like I must apologize for falling off the face of the earth - or well maybe falling off the face of the blogging world.  For those of you are are also my Facebook friends - you probably know that I did not disappear as much as I've not been in one spot for very long - these last 6 months.  My job has kept me so busy that I really have not had the time to devote to anything extra except my family.  

I feel though - that I must explain that I have five or six email accounts - all set up for different reasons and I feel bad that I've not checked my Love of the Sea email account in months until this past couple of days.  Funny - how being grounded with a Hurricane allows me to go back to the things that I've neglected. So, I owe many of my blogging friends an email and I hope to be catching up on that soon.

In the meantime, I've developed a serious addiction to Pinterest...and have been spending time searching for fabrics, paints and styles as we are redecorating our house in The Keys (especially since Isaac didn't do any harm).  I went there last week for the first time this year...yes - that's how busy I have been...and I'm finally getting around to getting that project done.

So with that - I thought I'd share some of my very favorite pins for My Keys House Makeover.  I finally met with my decorator aka advisor/therapist yesterday and we narrowed down most of the details to get this project started. She's been  ready to hit me over the head very patient with me this last year and has you can see - has provided lots of ideas, colors and samples.  So I will be sharing some of the before and after on what she is doing to help update my little Keys getaway that I've forgotten to getaway to.

Here are some of my inspiration photos:




















Here are some of the choices that I narrowed down so far...

These are the fabrics I narrowed down for the guest bedroom shams and bed skirt.

Leaning towards this one  The coral for the bedskirt and the shells for the shams.
I'm thinking to add on green and pink contrasting pillows. 

Some of the choices for the living room. 

More choices. 

As you can see - I love Coral Reef.

Leaning toward this for the master bedroom. My husband loves this one. 

I love this...but can't figure out what to do with it. 

TIme to make decisions.  And these are the ones that I narrowed it down too.  
Next week - I'll be posting final decisions on the living room, dining room and sun room.  Then the fun can begin.  Hope you are all having a great last week of the summer.  Hard to believe that Fall is almost here.


23 comments:

Charlene said...

Oh I LOVE the colors!!!! Can't wait to see the make over!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

So fresh and pretty!!!

beachcomber said...

gorgeous fabrics & i love the photo with the aqua pillows!
x

Kaybe said...

Well Hello there Shell Sistah! So glad you got to spend some down time relaxing at your Conch sanctuary. You had me at the sand dollar door mat. Can't wait to see the finished project. xo

Seaside Style said...

Love it all!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so great to hear from you my friend! And I love all of your ideas for your home. You've chosen so many of the designs that I really love. I just posted a photo of Della and I yesterday...I hope you can stop by soon. When Della was at my house we were admiring the beautiful seahorse tray that you gave me and wondered how you were. We've both missed you! Hugs!

Stephanie said...

welcome back! I can't keep up with my blog either, my fb page takes so much less time! have fun with the redecorating!

NanaDiana said...

Well, THERE you are, you crazy thing! I have been wondering about you and starting to get worried! I am so glad you are back to at least let us know that you are okay. It is SO funny because I thought last night-"I have to email Debbie again and see what's going on"-Now I know!

Can't wait to see your Keys project progress. Glad Issac spared you-xo Diana

Completely Coastal said...

All the ideas look beautiful and perfect for a home in the Keys. Glad to find you in the blog world again! I moved to NYC in the meantime!

Nancy Yuskaitis said...

Welcome Back! I'm happy to see you & so thrilled that Isaac was kind to our Keys homes. Have fun decorating, love the colors & patterns. Last Spring we re-decorated our living room in shades of turquoise & sand accented with cobalt & lime. Love it & island style design.
Enjoy!

By The Seashore said...

Definitely missed you! Your home in Key West is going to be beautiful. I recognize some of those fabrics. I have a thing for coral also :) Can't wait to see the finish product!

Della said...

Glad to see you back Debbie! Your Keys home is going to be amazing with this color palette. Love the sand dollar rug, and the aqua and coral rooms. They are lovely!

Sand and Shells said...

Wonderful inspirations! Love the doormat and beautiful fabrics...

Roxanne Reinhart said...

I have missed you Debbie. Love all the fabrics and colors and inspiration photos. Can't wait to see what you do. The first time you've been there this year. Holy Night, woman. You'd have to drag me away by my hair if I had a house in the keys!

The Sterling Cherub said...

Wow, Debbie, you must be a huge fan of Erin's "House of Turquoise" blog! So much of what Erin posts there is right up your alley and would be perfect in your Keys retreat. Of course, my ultimate dream home is a beach cottage, and your Pinterest boards contain so much of what I love, so we share a brain in that respect!

CanNOT wait to see how your home makeover goes!

Best,

Kimberly

Fashion-isha said...

The blue and white color scheme in that living room is so soothing. I also love the sea so I'm so glad I found your blog!
xo
Sharon

Heaven's Walk said...

Hey! Good to see you back in blogland again, Debbie! I kinda figured that your summer was extra busy with something. lol! I'm glad that Isaac didn't wreck any havoc with your sweet cottage.

I'm loving all of those happy colors you've chosen for the redo! Can hardly wait to see the big reveal! :)

xoxo laurie

Blooming Rose Musings said...

So nice to see you back again. I have taken a little blog break too but hope to post again next week. I look forward to seeing how your home make-over goes. Everything you have teased us with looks beautiful!

Seawashed said...

I have wondered where you went! But I too did not blog for most of the summer. Enjoy your makeover!

Heaven's Walk said...

Hey Debbie! How's that make-over coming along??? Looking forward to seeing it!!!! :)

xoxo laurie

Jane said...

Glad to "see" you again. I, too, have been MIA for quite awhile...building my biz and testing recipes, etc.

I LOVE your fabrics!!! The colors are absolutely scrumptious!!! Looking forward to seeing the end results.

If you get up this way, holler...
Jane

Unknown said...

Great information. I got lucky and found your site from a random Google search. Fortunately for me, this topic just happens to be something that I've been trying to find more info on for research purpose.
Blinds

Unknown said...

I must say that overall I am really impressed with this blog.It is easy to see that you are impassioned about your writing.
RES