Home About Favorite Posts Search Photobucket

Friday, November 19, 2010

A Bowl of Seaside Treasures....

I love to change up my home accessories on a regular basis and I've learned to use many of my little treasures in different ways....to create a variety of looks.  As I am getting ready to start my holiday decorating (soon)...I wanted something fresh for my family room coffee table.  So I pulled together some of my favorite things...and mixed them up for something new.  

First, I started off with a glass pedestal display bowl from Michael's....


Then some craft sand....


And added in some of my favorite things...

Smaller sized aqua and green Glass Floats
Green Turbo Shells.....

Miscellaneous starfish, green and beige shells, sand dollars and coral


Then I placed the sand and smaller shells around the perimeter of the bowl...


Added in the larger turbo shells...


Dropped in the larger shells, starfish, coral and sand dollars....and then put in the three glass floats.








I'm happy with how it came out.  Especially the glass floats mixed in with the green turbo shells.

I'm linking up with:

My Romantic Home Show and Tell Friday
Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special
Saturday Mornings Strut your Stuff


16 comments:

Donna said...

I love your shell display, Debbie! The colors of the shells are amazing, and the floats are perfect, too! It all looks so well with the colors of your family room!

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

I love the way this looks. The colors are perfect!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is really pretty. I love the bowl and how you layered the shells and floats!

Amanda Lee said...

So beautiful! They are arranged so perfectly, but look so natural!

Terry said...

That is so pretty! What a great way to showcase your pretties!

Drawn to The Sea said...

The shells sitting softly on the sand, and the floats adding the hand of man... brilliantly arranged, & so pretty in your room of seaglass colors.

Peaceful weekend to you :-)

Honey at 2805 said...

Love the artful arrangement of the seashells and the color, too. I've always want to live near the beach. I am about to become one of your followers so nothing is missed.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

How beautiful! Isn't it fun to re-purpose what we already have! Have a great weekend!

GraceArtandDesigns said...

This is beautiful. The colors coordinates so well with your living room!
Thanks for sharing :)

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Gorgeous bowl of treasures! I love putting all my shells around the house in bowl, jars, baskets, etc.

By The Seashore said...

That's beautiful Debbie. I love your house! It looks beautiful inside from what I can see.

Lindy said...

Very pretty arrangement! I love the colors in the shells - awesome job!

Blooming Rose Musings said...

It is beautiful! The colors are spectacular. Very, very pretty.

NanaDiana said...

Debbie- That is absolutely beautiful...and I don't know if I ever saw your sofa before. What a perfect companion to your decorating style! Love it! Hugs-Diana

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

So very pretty and the colors are yummy...this would be perfect for my bedroom, thanks for the great post.

Vicki Boster said...

Simple- beautiful- perfect! Love the little glass floats- you have created a beautiful display.
Vicki