Home About Favorite Posts Search Photobucket

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dressing up with a little bit of coral and shells....

I love bottles.  All kinds.  From my vintage milk bottles where I keep my prized seashell treasures....


To my treasured vintage seltzer bottle collection I display in my kitchen......





So when I came across this little bottle in Home Goods on sale for $4.00...I loved the color so I figured that I would try and dress it up a bit.


First thing I did was take of the metal fish...as it reminded me too much of a shark.  I then took one of my favorite little sand dollars that reminds me of a flower........


And hot glued it onto the raffia where the shark was.  From there, I took a cork that I had purchased at Michael's....and cut it down to size.













I then selected some of my favorite pieces of coral from my coral collection and hot glued them onto the cork. I also added two tiny little seashells to frame the coral.  The reason I chose hot glue is if I get tired of the look, I can pop the glue right off and it doesn't affect the coral.  




I am really pleased with the way it came out.  Especially since the total cost was about $8.00....so that makes it even better.  Hope you liked my little sea inspired creation.  


Linking up to:
The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday
Funky Junk Interiors Saturday Nite Special
Cottage Instincts Make it for Monday


16 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That is just absolutely darling! And I LOVE the color of that bottle. Hmmm...you aren't storing Vodka in there,are you? Just askin....xxoo Diana

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How beautiful! You really turned the bottle into a treasure! I love the beautiful blue color and decorating with shells is my favorite! I have some old milk bottles, too. You've given me some new ideas! Hugs! ♥

rjerdee said...

Great ideas...you've inspired me to get crafting with shells! Thanks for stopping by today...(beachsnaps)

Carmel's Closet said...

Love that blue and I am a sand dollar fan. I made christmas tree decorations out of my collection. We used to have about 20, but it's dwindled down over the years, as hubby was always giving one to whoever admired them. Even he has stopped this practice now and we hold on tight to them.
Have a lovely Sunday.
Carmel

Donna said...

Your bottle turned out beautifully, Debbie! I love the color! And I am so relieved that you took the fish off, he did look like a shark! I love your coral cork stopper, too! I've always loved sand dollars. I see you even have one as a night light!

beth said...

I love all your beautiful bottles!! And your lovely kitchen!!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment.
Beth.
P.S. I just became a follower of your blog. Love it! :)

Beach House Living said...

Yes, of course I like your creation however I admit to utter and complete fixation on your old seltzer bottles and general envy of your kitchen!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

This really turned out pretty. I don't have any really pretty coral. I am still in love with your seltzer bottles :)

gena said...

I must admit, I don't really like the beach. I don't like the sand, the crowds or the ick factor of walking barefoot. BUT - you make it look inviting, calm and peaceful ! I shocked my family yesterday when I asked if they would want us to buy a shore house !!!! I blamed you - lol !!!!!

Happy sunday,
gena
www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

Flotsam Friends said...

Yes, I have kitchen envy too... How wonderful to have so much space. Your bottle looks fabulous too! Sand dollars are truly inspiring aren't they. Pruxxx

Simple Daisy said...

OOh! It's so cute! and I love your kitchen:)

iLoveShelling said...

Ooooh! I love that aqua bottle... and with your touch of the sea with your coral and sand dollar it is soooo perfect. Great job, Martha..... oops...I mean Debbie

Deb said...

It's so cute and I love your kitchen too! You have an awesome seltzer bottle collection...I only have two so far!!!! ~Deb~

Unknown said...

Super cute idea!

Drawn to The Sea said...

1st, I want your kitchen... (so pretty). I think I've said that before. 2nd, Home Goods should get their bottles from you, that's really sweet. Everything about you is artistic.

Kerry said...

I don't know how you do it but you have made me SO excited about living by the sea in Florida. So many wonderful ideas to incorporate into a beach-side home. Looking at this blog makes me WAY to excited ;-) x