Home About Favorite Posts Search Photobucket

Monday, November 8, 2010

Loving Beautiful Details by the Seashore.....

For those of you that have followed my blog for a bit - you know that I love Etsy.  Everything about it....I spend hours and hours just meandering through the vintage pieces and one of a kind creations.  It's so inspiring to browse in the wonderful shops....and consequently, many of my posts include my favorite finds.

Some of you may remember my first Etsy Shop feature....My Shabby Chateau...From Paris with Love which described how much I love including little hand made touches into my home and how I like it even better when I know a little bit about the person who created the piece. 

So with that, I wanted to share another one of my favorite shops,  Beautiful Details by the Seashore.  Just the name alone conjures up all kinds of wonderful thoughts - especially for an ocean lover like me.  Once you spend a few minutes browsing through Carol's shop - you'll see why I have included some of her pieces into my sea inspired home.   

Carol has loved the ocean for as long as she can remember - and you will see & feel that in her work.  She spent her childhood summers on the coast of North Carolina and those memories, especially discovering shark teeth on the beach, remain with her today.  She loves sunrises and sunsets and the smell of salt air (me too!).  One of her passions when she is at the beach... is to get up early before anyone else and go beachcombing for  seashells, sharks teeth and seaglass.  It's no surpise that she and her husband, who started surfing at 8 years old, were engaged and also married on the beach.... and Carol has him addicted to searching for sharks teeth too.  They try to visit the beach as often as they can and their dream is to one day live on the coast.

She usually works on two or three different projects at a time;  making bottles, painting cast iron pieces or creating  jewelry for her other Etsy shop, silverbeadsandclay.  She and her husband spend the weekends searching for the vintage bottles that she uses in her pieces.  She loves researching the background of the bottles that have markings - and includes the details in her shop so that the buyer can learn about their history.  Her favorite type of bottles are the aqua ones...which are hard to come by. She was lucky enough to find a few in September, some with incredible patinas on the inside. 

When I asked Carol if she ever regretting selling any of her pieces, she said... "Yes and no.  If I didn’t love everything I make, I wouldn’t sell it.  I think my favorite bottles so far were the set of three aqua glass bottles that went to a lady in Seattle, Washington.  But she does love them, so that doesn’t make it all that bad.  It’s wonderful when your customers appreciate your creations". 

Well...I can assure Carol that I LOVE & appreciate the bottles that she created...

I think that these three look great together on a shelf in my living room.

Love the coral on the vintage beer bottle.

This abalone shell is so beautiful.

The vibrancy of the pink urchin is amazing.

A future Pink Saturday post in the making.......


When I see this display...it makes me so happy.

I love this vintage bottle with flowers. I just purchased this to work into
my holiday decor so stay tuned....
.
Here are some of my current favorites that are in Carol's Shop...it was so hard to narrow it down....


Vintage Aqua Medicine Bottle.  So pretty.

These trio of vintage bottles are darling.

Vintage 1950"s Wine Bottle with Pearl Nautilus Shell.

I am thinking I have to have this amazing Sea Coral Fan Bottle.
Gorgeous details on these bottles.

Coral and Milkglass - two of my favorites.

I hope you have enjoyed getting to know Beautiful Details by the Seashore as much as I have putting this together.  And in celebration of the upcoming holiday season, Carol has generously offered to host a giveaway of three of her holiday ornaments....details coming later this month!


Aren't these beautiful? The giveway will be a set of three. 


23 comments:

Donnie said...

That was a lovely post on Carol and her creations. They are just beautiful. I'll go visit her now.

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

How beautiful! I love the Sea Coral Fan. Thanks for sharing her treasures.

Simple Daisy said...

Ooh...they are all so beautiful!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They are all just gorgeous! I can't wait to click on the link and see all the beautiful creations! I'm hoping to find things to decorate my kitchen this winter! We're taking it a room at a time! Hugs! ♥

NanaDiana said...

Wow! What a beautiful shop full of goodies! I love your living room display...and you live in the perfect place! Gotta tell you-out of the rest of the photos that pink sea urchin is my pick! Is that gorgeous, or what?

I, too, love the ocean. I miss the smell of salt water air. There is nothing like it in the world...and when we moved here to the Midwest I found the one thing I was homesick for was the sound of the palm trees rustling in the wind...they have a sound all their own. You are a lucky girl...but you already know that!>) xxoo Diana

Donna said...

What a beautiful post! I love the bottles, especially the aqua blue ones. My very favorite bottle is the starfish one with the flower design, so unique! I think Carol must be a kindred spirit of both of ours (except the part about shelling at dawn! I'm not an early bird!). I will be sure to visit her beautiful shop! BTW, I have that exact milk glass vase. Love it!

Drawn to The Sea said...

So artistic... so much care & thought. She does a great job of choosing the perfect shell for each bottle. What a nice feature!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

How sweet of you to highlight an etsy seller. I went and looked and she has lovely sea creations. the ones you picked are gorgeous!

Carol

Amanda Lee said...

What a lovely post! I will be sure to visit Carol's shop.

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

The bottles are so gorgeous!! And I've been working on a post about her today!

Blooming Rose Musings said...

What a great post! Her creations are lovely and unique. I love how you have displayed the bottles in your home. I can see why they make you feel happy. I will pop over to visit her site. It is so nice of you to feature her art.
Thank you.

Flotsam Friends said...

What a lovely, thoughtful post. I can't wait to pop by Carol's Etsy shop. They are just so divine... How to choose. I'd say my favourite though is the blue medicine bottle with the starfish, pearl and upside down limpet shell? Is that what I can see there?? Pruxxx

Gypsea Nurse said...

Your bottles are gorgeous!! I love the vintage medicine ones! I would never be able to part with them!
Cricket

NanE said...

Absolutely exquisite! How could you ever choose? Thanks for sharing, Nan

Marlene said...

Very pretty things. I'm not good at making decisions, so I would be in her shop a long time.

Arabella said...

Okay, I want every single one of the bottles! They are all so gorgeous.

The one with the flowers is very cool...can't wait to see how you incorporate it into your Holiday display.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Cindy said...

Awesome - THANKS for this post!! You know how much I love seashells!!

Tracy Wills said...

Love them all, very pretty!

K&B by the Sea said...

Oooh, the pink urchin on the bottle is beautiful! Everything you've shown us in your pictures is beautiful. The bottle with the shells are so charming.

Kelly

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, they're all exquisite! I can see a "Pink Saturday" in the making too!
How are you doing? Great, I hope! I just wanted to come over and say "hi" and see what you were up to.
XO
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Debbie! These are so beautiful! I love the ones you've chosen to display in your home! I've always loved that look. She does an amazing job... thanks for the heads up about her etsy shop. :)

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh my gosh, Debbie - your display is just so beautifully beachy, I can almost hear the ocean! Those bottles of Carol's are just amazing! No wonder you enjoy collecting and displaying them! Thanks for the scoop on her shop, too! :)

xoxo laurie

genie said...

Such artistic and beautiful creations. I never realized there was smooch pink in the sea. These bottles are gorgeous. I am so glad you decided to film them and share them with all of us.