Home About Favorite Posts Search Photobucket

Sunday, November 21, 2010

A little vintage sheet music, a few seashells and a touch of glitter

I recently purchased a couple home accessories....from The Shabby Chateau Etsy Shop.  Donna's shop is one of my favorites  and I love reading her blog because I get all kinds of creative repurposing ideas. So when I opened my box, I received a nice little surprise gift from Donna that I wanted to share.  Being that I'm crazy about seashells & starfish & sand dollars...and blue, green, turquoise and aqua....it was love at first sight.

I love the vibrant colors placed on top of the vintage sheet music.
Such a wonderful combination.
I love the Blue Starfish with the smaller green starfish in the background.






Such a beautiful collection.  Almost too 
pretty to use...so I will be  saving these 
for very special occasions. 


  
I asked Donna to share how she made them. So here are her instructions:


"Let's see, for your cards I started with pre-made brown cards, then used some vintage sheet music I applied with a glue stick. The shell and starfish motif papers, and other papers I used were purchased in Maui when we vacationed there this past February. I like bringing things back from trips that I can use in projects.  Then I used some "Diamond Glaze" dimensional glaze on the shells and starfish, and added some Martha Stewart coarse clear glitter".


So thank you Donna - for the lovely gift....once again reminding me why would I ever buy a store bought card again.  



19 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Ohhhh...sigh....I am IN LOVE with all that Donna does. She is a wonder woman all on her own, isn't she? And, it looks like she knows you well! Hugs- Diana

Donna said...

Thanks so much for featuring the cards that I made for you, Debbie! I am thrilled that you love them! I can't remember the last time that I bought a card in the store!:)

Kaybe said...

Seriously....those are the most awesome cards ever. Is there no end to the depth of Donna's creative well?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How pretty! I love unique cards and these are perfect! ♥

Tammy said...

Very pretty...love the colors!
Tammy :-)
JUNK WILD

Drawn to The Sea said...

What a lovely thing to do... & obviously made just for you :-)

Kerry said...

These are so pretty I'd want to FRAME them! x

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Those are so pretty! Donna did a great job. I have never heard of the dimensional glaze. They have just the right amount of sparkle.

Vicki Boster said...

wow - these are fabulous - I love them all! I would frame them and put them in my beach condo in Florida!

Vicki

Loui♥ said...

Debbie!
I'm with Betty and Vicki..
these are perfect for framing!
love them!!~
thanks for sharing!!
Must run and check her shop!
hugs!!
Loui♥
ps.. thanks for popping by!

Gypsea Nurse said...

those are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
Cricket

pam @ iLoveShelling said...

Music of the sea...... or a sea of music..... either way these cards are so creative and soooo beautiful.

Blooming Rose Musings said...

The cards are so pretty! Donna is so creative.
These are definitely something that can be framed. How nice of Donna to send them to you and how nice of you to share them with us.

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

The cards are gorgeous..., I can hear the ocean!

Shellbelle said...

Very beautiful, but then, how can you miss when you combine music and the sea.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Flotsam Friends said...

Hi Debbie, I'd seriously be framing those. Too good to use! Aren't they just dreamy. I'm definitely going to check out Donna's shop. Pruxxx

Heaven's Walk said...

Sooo pretty, Debbie! The color combinations are just stunning! What a sweetie! :)

xoxo laurie

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Debbie,
Oh they're simply gorgeous!!! I love them! And they couldn't have been made by a sweeter person!!!
XO

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

These are totally doable. I have all the supplies I need and some of the same paper too!! Great idea!